Cut Through Your Cloudy Vision
Start seeing clearly again with Cataract Surgery from the Eye Center of Texas!
Not all cataract procedures are the same. Having the right team for your cataract surgery is essential!
That’s why the Eye Center of Texas is the clear choice for cataract surgery in Houston.
- Trusted Care: Over 275 of Houston’s top optometrists recommend Eye Center of Texas to their patients and family.
- Fast & Virtually Pain Free: Most people are surprised to learn just how easy and relatively pain-free cataract surgery is. It is an outpatient surgery and usually takes an hour or less, though you may need to allow two to three hours from wain-in to walk-out.
- Fast Recovery: Most patients notice an improvement in their vision and are back to normal activities after a short period of time.
- Latest Laser Technology: LenSx® Laser technology is an option that tailors each step of the procedure for maximum precision, custom to your eye.
- Opportunity to correct Astigmatism or Presbyopia: An intraocular lens (IOL) is the replacement lens implanted during cataract surgery. There are several types of IOLs to choose from depending on your vision problems, lifestyle and goals.
- Typically Covered by Health Insurance: Cataract surgery is generally considered medically necessary and is therefore covered at least in part by health insurance or Medicare. However, it is important to note that the LenSx® Laser and some advanced technology IOLs that correct other visual impairments (such as astigmatism and presbyopia) may not be full covered.
- True Peace of Mind: Eye Center of Texas cataract surgeons are highly trained to perform cataract surgery and have experience with the LenSx® Laser and implanting advanced technology IOLs.
Ready to start seeing clearly again? Complete the form on this page, and a member of our staff will be in touch soon to schedule your cataract evaluation. (please note, you should be prepared to spend 3-4 hours with us for your initial cataract evaluation).
I have worn glasses since the 6th grade and for the first time in my life, I can now see 20/20 in both eyes. I now wish I had done it sooner! Thank you Dr. Mayo for taking great care of my eyes! - Sharon M.
Today I called to schedule an appointment with Dr. Suarez and was told she will be out for the next several months. I was very sad because she has been my eye doctor for the last 8 years. She is a wonderful doctor and takes very good care of me and my eyes. I have diabetes and it's a good thing I have her as my eye doctor, otherwise I might be blind. I hope she reads this because I want her to know how much I love and appreciate her compassionate care. God Bless you Dr. Suarez. I'm scheduled...
I knew something was wrong and called my eye doctor. After I told him what was going on he immediately called the Eye Center of Texas and told them I needed to see Dr. Suarez ASAP. They were able to get me in that day, and Dr. Suarez did laser on my eye and saved my vision. I didn't know what was going on but it ended up that had a retina detachment and if I had not seen her as soon as I did, I could of lost my vision in my left eye. Not only is Dr. Suarez...
Dear Dr. Autry, For a little tiny thing, you sure are smart! When I first checked in I was not very happy, the waiting room was full but then I thought to myself, they must be very good because this place is busy. Sure enough after several tests, you came in and told me exactly what was going on with my vision. I'm forever grateful to you and the other doctors. Toni M.
Dear Dr. Mayo, I want to thank you and your staff for taking great care of me and my eyes. I was very upset when my eye doctor told me I had cataracts (I'm only 47), but she assured me she was sending me to the best cataract surgeon in Houston. When I met you, I knew I was in good hands and I immediately calmed down. Your staff was wonderful. My new friend Kathy helped me decide on which lens was best for me and I'm so glad I decided on the lens that allows me to see everything...
Meet the Doctors
Mark is a native Houstonian. He grew up in Spring Branch and is a graduate of Stratford High School. He attended the University of Texas at Austin where he was accepted into the Plan II Interdisciplinary Honors Programs. In 1986, he graduated at the top of his class and was named a Dean’s Distinguished Graduate of the University.
Meet the Doctors
Edward Wade, M.D., F.A.C.S., a native of El Paso, Texas graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Illinois and was awarded the Bronze Tablet Award, a distinction given to only the top 2 percent of the class.