Retina Disease Treatment and Surgery
We treat a variety of retina diseases and perform all major retinal surgeries. These surgeries may involve lasers and/or incisions. In addition, we also treat/perform surgery for diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, retinal detachments, retinal holes and tears, macular degeneration, retinal membranes, infections, hereditary conditions and optic nerve diseases.
How The Eye Works
- The human eye is like a camera where outside images are focused onto a piece of film.
- The cornea and crystalline lens are the lenses that focus the picture onto the eye’s film, the retina.
- The conjunctiva is a thin, protective, mucous membrane covering of the inside of eyelids and external white sclera.
- The iris is the colored circular muscle in the front of the eye.
- The black pupil in the center of the iris enlarges and contracts to regulate the amount of light entering the eye.
- The vitreous is a transparent jelly filling the inside of the eye.
- The optic nerve carries the light images to the brain.
- The retina is a very thin layer of tissue that lines the inner part of the back of the eye and is continuous with the optic nerve. It contains photoreceptor cells (rods and cones), which capture the light rays that enter the eye. These light impulses are then sent to the brain for processing via the optic nerve.
- The choroid is a system of capillary blood vessels, which covers the outer retinal surface, providing it with oxygen and nourishment.
- The sclera, or white of the eye, is a tough protective outer shell that corresponds to the body of a camera.
Financing Options Available
Apply today to find a financing option that meets your needs.
Houston/Bellaire6565 W. Loop S., Suite 650
Bellaire, TX 77401
Pasadena4415 Crenshaw Road
Pasadena, TX 77504
Sugar land15400 S.W. Freeway, Suite 301
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Clear Lake455 E. Medical Center Blvd., Suite 110
Webster, TX 77598
KatyGreenhouse Medical Plaza
2051 Greenhouse Road, Suite 110
Houston, TX 77084
The Woodlands/Conroe100 Medical Center Blvd., Suite 118
Conroe, TX 77304