With the New Year many of you are thinking about getting rid of your glasses and/or contact lenses permanently – with LASIK. But, your a little nervous because someone told you that their aunt had it years ago and she went blind. The truth is no one has ever gone blind because of LASIK. Check out these 10 LASIK facts:
1. LASIK is painless.
2. LASIK takes about 15 minutes for both eyes.
3. The laser vaporizes microscopic layers of tissue of the cornea (the front part of the eye) in a precise fashion to correct the vision abnormality.
4. No stitches are required with LASIK.
5. Eye drops are used to anesthetize the eye – no injections are used.
6. Both eyes are done at the same time, in most cases.
7. LASIK has a low complication rate, less than 2% and the vast majority of these complications are correctable with medication and/or an additional LASIK procedure.
8. LASIK patients must be 18 years and older.
9. Your prescription should be stable (has not changed in the past 12 months).
10. No one has ever gone blind with LASIK.
Deciding which LASIK surgeon you want to preform your surgery can be overwhelming, especially when you hear “LASIK as low as $499”. Don’t make your decision based on price (may times, you get what you pay for and we’re talking about your EYES). At Eye Center of Texas our LASIK surgeons are experienced – with thousands of procedures under their belts and only use the latest LASIK technology. Begin your journey toward freedom from glasses and/or contact lenses today – schedule your free LASIK evaluation today.