The Houston Ophthalmologists at Eye Center of Texas have been helping Houstonians improve their eye health and vision for over 30 years. We proudly offer cutting-edge treatments and services for cataracts, LASIK, near vision (presbyopia), glaucoma, macular degeneration, keratoconus, other retina and cornea disorders, and eyelid surgery.
With our 6 convenient locations in Bellaire, Sugar Land, Katy, Pasadena, Clear Lake, and The Woodlands/Conroe, we are able to give thousands of individuals the state-of-the-art treatment and patient-centered care they deserve every year.
Read on to learn more about our exceptional team and services, then come and see why over 300 Houston-area eye doctors refer their patients directly to Eye Center of Texas!
Meet our experienced ophthalmologists in Houston
Each and every one of our Houston ophthalmologists is board-certified and has specialized in particular aspects of eye health. Over the years, our doctors have pioneered new, safer treatments for patients.
Whether you are looking for an ophthalmologist in Katy, Houston, or elsewhere in the greater Houston area, you can rest assured that at Eye Center of Texas you will always be treated by top-tier doctors with years of experience in their field.
- Dr. Mark L. Mayo has been recognized repeatedly as a top doctor in Houston and was one of the first surgeons in Houston to offer bladeless cataract surgery. He is ranked as one of the nation’s top 10 cataract surgeons for a number of procedures using the LenSx Laser.
- Dr. Edward C. Wade was also one of the first surgeons in Houston to offer bladeless cataract surgery, has been designed by VISX as one of the top 100 LASIK surgeons in the country, and is recognized as having more experience with the ReSTOR IOL than any other surgeon in Houston.
- Dr. Paul J. Stewart specializes in vitreoretinal surgery and ocular oncology. He is the previous director at UCSF’s Ocular Oncology Service, one of the premier ocular oncology practices in the States.
- Dr. Nicholas Bell specializes in the medical, laser, and surgical management of glaucoma. He has been recognized as a Top Ophthalmologist in Houston by the International Association of Ophthalmologists.
- Dr. Larry Puthenparambil specializes in macular degeneration and the medical, laser, and surgical management of vitreoretinal disorders. He is a member of the American Society of Retina Specialists, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Retina Forum.
Wondering, “Should I see an optometrist or ophthalmologist?” Get the answers you need in our article, What’s the Difference Between an Ophthalmologist and an Optometrist?
Ophthalmology services at Eye Center of Texas
Our eye doctors keep up-to-date with the latest literature and innovations in their fields so that our patients always receive the best treatment options available.
LASIK & cataract surgery treatment
Eye Center of Texas has earned a special reputation for providing some of the best LASIK in Houston and best cataract surgery in Houston. This is because the quality of the equipment used during surgery and the experience of your surgeon can play an important role in the successful outcome of your procedure, and Eye Center of Texas not only invests in top-of-the-line equipment, but our Houston ophthalmologists are also leaders in their fields.
Near vision (presbyopia) treatment
Most individuals will experience presbyopia, the age-related hardening of your lens also known as “near vision,” to some extent during their lifetimes (typically after the age of 40). Eye Center of Texas offers the latest in near vision treatment that allows our patients to stay or become independent of glasses and contacts.
Eye disease treatment
The eye is a highly complex organ and contains many components that can develop diseases or disorders. Eye Center of Texas provides thorough and patient-centered eye disease treatment for retina issues, cornea issues, and more. Our specialists will work closely with you to monitor your eye health and offer you treatment solutions using the latest, cutting-edge technology and medicine.
Excess skin and/or fat that causes your upper eyelids to hang over your eyes can impede vision, cause chronic irritation, and even make you look more tired than you feel. Our upper eyelid surgery in Houston (Blepharoplasty) can rid you of these frustrating vision problems while simultaneously providing you with a rejuvenated appearance.
Our ophthalmologists in Houston are here to help you get the information and treatment you need
At Eye Center of Texas, our Houston ophthalmologists are not just leaders in the field of ophthalmology — we are avid Houstonians. We are active members of this city and the surrounding area and therefore take special pride in helping our community find relief from eye diseases and see more clearly with improved vision.
If you are experiencing vision or eye health problems and want to work with an ophthalmologist in Houston you can count on, consider joining the Eye Center of Texas’s family of patients.
Call us at 713-797-1010 for medical services, 713-395-1515 for LASIK, or simply request an appointment online today.
More Helpful Articles by Eye Center of Texas: