The decision to undergo a vision correction procedure can be overwhelming, but finding a trusted LASIK surgeon to trust with your eye care can make the experience all the more worth it.
Finding the right ophthalmological professional is an absolute necessity to ensure the greatest levels of safety, health, and comfort throughout the LASIK process. Knowing what to look for in the right surgeon to operate on your eyes is step one in your journey toward attaining the clear vision you want and deserve.
Eye Center of Texas has some of the best doctors for LASIK eye surgery in the state of Texas. Before choosing your LASIK surgeon, see what types of LASIK we offer and how this procedure can better your quality of life if you choose to put your trust in our capable hands.
What are the different types of LASIK?
There are different LASIK procedures available to accommodate a variety of eye structures and overall health needs. Some of the most common vision correction procedure options include the following:
- LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis): A painless, fast outpatient procedure that uses a laser to reshape the cornea to improve vision.
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy): A quick, pain-free outpatient procedure where the outer layer of the cornea is removed and the cornea’s surface is reshaped using a pulsing UV light before the outer layer is replaced.
- EVO Visian ICL: An outpatient procedure involving the implantation of EVO lenses inside the cornea.
- LASEK (laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy): A LASIK alternative where the outer layer of the cornea is folded for reshaping rather than cut into.
So, how do you know which type of LASIK is best for you? Scheduling a LASIK consultation with an experienced eye surgeon at Eye Center of Texas will help you find the right solution for correcting your vision without the need for glasses or contacts.
During this initial consultation, your surgeon will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for any type of LASIK procedure or if you require an alternative solution. Take this time to see how you feel about the doctor you’re meeting with and determine if they could be a good match for you.
Who does LASIK benefit?
Vision corrective surgery such as LASIK helps fix the following ophthalmological conditions:
You may be a candidate for LASIK if you meet the following criteria:
- Are over the age of 18
- Not pregnant or nursing
- In good eye health
- In good general health
- Have an ideal corneal width
- Have an ideal pupil width
- Do not have an autoimmune condition
Even if you aren’t qualified to undergo LASIK, there may still be vision correction procedure options available for your unique circumstances. Consult a trusted LASIK surgeon at Eye Center of Texas for an informed insight into what avenues toward improving your vision you can pursue.
Our doctors take your medical history and unique needs into account and help you choose a path that is best suited for your desired results.
How should patients pick a trusted LASIK surgeon?
You should never trust your eye health to just anyone, especially if you plan to undergo LASIK or a similar vision correction procedure. Before committing to undergoing LASIK eye surgery in Houston or elsewhere, make sure to research the doctors in your area to find the most reliable fit for your needs.
Some of the qualities you need to look for in a vision correction surgeon include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Board certification to perform LASIK
- How often they perform LASIK
- Their LASIK success rate
- Their familiarity with your specific eye condition
- Their overall “bedside” manner
- Professional experience with LASIK
- Pricing commensurate with professional experience
- Education, including certifications
- Number of referrals and recommendations from other eye health professionals
- Whether or not they turn down patients who don’t qualify for LASIK
- Whether or not they schedule follow-up appointments after LASIK eye surgery
- Whether or not you feel safe or cared for in their office
If you’re eager to enjoy clear vision as quickly as possible, it may be tempting to go with the first surgeon you find at the right price. Resist the urge for instant gratification and invest your time in finding the best fit, not the convenient fit.
You may need to book a LASIK consultation or two and get to know the surgeons before committing to both a vision correction procedure and the ideal professional to do the job to your satisfaction.
Find a trusted LASIK surgeon at Eye Center of Texas
If you’re searching for both a Houston ophthalmologist and a trusted LASIK surgeon, we at Eye Center of Texas are proud to say that our surgeons have a LASIK success rate of over 75,000 procedures and counting.
If you’re looking for the best doctors for LASIK eye surgery in Texas, Dr. Mark L. Mayo, Dr. Yasir Ahmed, and Dr. Edward C. Wade are all experienced, board-certified professionals who understand all the ins and outs of the different vision correction procedure options available to you, especially LASIK. They can help you to come up with a procedure and treatment plan that works best for you and your vision needs.
When you’re ready for a LASIK consultation, we’re ready to help. Schedule an appointment with us today and learn more about what we can do to give you clearer vision and greater peace of mind.
More Helpful Articles by Eye Center of Texas: